Cooking Time: 70 Min
1 pound andouille sausage; sliced /450g
1 pound baby squid, cut into ¼-inch rings /450g
1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined /450g
1 white onion; chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 red bell pepper; diced
2 cups Spanish rice /260g
4 cups chicken stock /1000ml
½ cup dry white wine /125ml
1 tbsp melted butter /15ml
1 tsp turmeric powder /5g
1½ tsp s sweet paprika /7.5g
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper /5g
½ tsp salt /5g
- Choose Sear/Sauté on the pot and set to Medium High. Choose Start/Stop to preheat the pot. Melt the butter and add the sausage. Cook until browned on both sides, about 3 minutes while stirring frequently. Remove the sausage to а plate and set aside.
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the same fat for 3 minutes until fragrant and pour in the wine. Use a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom of the pot of any brown bits and cook for 2 minutes or until the wine reduces by half.
- Stir in the rice and water. Season with the paprika, turmeric, black pepper, and salt. Seal the pressure lid, choose Pressure and set to High. Set the time to 5 minutes, then Choose Start/Stop. When done cooking, do a quick pressure release and carefully open the lid.
- Choose Sear/Sauté, set to Medium High, and choose Start/Stop. Add the squid and shrimp to the pot and stir gently without mashing the rice.
- Seal the pressure lid again and cook for 6 minutes, until the shrimp are pink and opaque.
- Return the sausage to the pot and mix in the bell pepper. Warm through for 2 minutes. Dish the paella and serve immediately