Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 can diced pineapple
1 yellow onion, diced
1 cup long-grain white rice
1½ cups chicken stock
½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
¾ cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 large eggs
½ cup coconut flakes
½ cup plain panko bread crumbs
10 ounces, deveined shrimp, tails removed
- Select SEAR/SAUTÉ and set temperature to HI. Select START/STOP to begin. Let preheat for 5 minutes.
- Add the oil and heat for 1 minute. Add the pineapple and onion. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 8 minutes, or until the onion is translucent.
- Add the rice, chicken stock, and lime juice. Assemble pressure lid, making sure the pressure release valve is in the SEAL position.
- Select PRESSURE and set to HI. Set time to 2 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
- When pressure cooking is complete, allow press to naturally release for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, quick release remaining pressure by turning the pressure release valve to the VENT position. Carefully remove lid when unit has finished releasing pressure.
- Transfer the rice mixture to a bowl and cover to keep warm. Clean the cooking pot and return to the unit.
- Create a batter station with three medium bowls. In the first bowl, mix together the flour, salt and pepper. In the second bowl, whisk the eggs. In the third bowl, combine the coconut flakes and bread crumbs. Dip
each shrimp into the flour mixture. Next dip it in the egg. Finally, coat in the coconut mixture, shaking off excess as needed. Once all the shrimp are battered, spray them with cooking spray.
- Place Cook & Crisp Basket into pot. Place the shrimp in basket and close crisping lid.
- Select AIR CRISP, set temperature to 390°F or 200°C, and set time to 10 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
- After 5 minutes, open lid, then lift basket and shake the shrimp. Lower basket back into the pot and close the lid to continue cooking until the shrimp reach your desired crispiness.
- When cooking is complete, serve the shrimp on top of the rice
Total Fat: 15g